The park includes Leverett Pond, Willow Pond and the Muddy River. Olmsted Park is part of Frederick Law Olmsted's 1,100-acre chain of nine parks, the Emerald Necklace. The space was originally named Leverett Park until the city renamed it for Olmsted in 1900.
For public transportation: Take the 39 bus to S. Huntington and Bynner. It's a 12-minute walk toward the Jamaicaway to reach the park.
- Hours: Open until 11:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1891
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches
- Area: 55 acres