Given its geographical namesake, you might assume this is a New Hampshire based bank, but it's not. Based in South Boston since the 1800s, Mt. Washington Bank is named for the Dorchester Heights hill where Washington's troops drove the British out on Evacuation Day. The Centre Street location is conveniently located with friendly and informative staff, lots of parking across the street, a drive-up window and extended hours on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 8:30am - 4:30pm; Thu, Fri, 8:30am - 6pm; Sat, 9am - 1pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp access
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Services: Commodities futures brokerage, Credit and loan counselling service, Financial advice, Financing, Mortgage brokerage
- Type: Business, Personal
- Products and services (banks and currency services): Auto loans, Business loans, Checking accounts, Credit cards, Currency exchange, Home equity, Money orders, Money wiring, Mortgages, Safe-deposit boxes, Savings accounts & CDs
- Features: ATM, Drive-up window, Teller service