MATCH Charter Public Middle School
This middle school opened in September 2008 with sixth-graders and has been adding grades since then. It is the middle school to the MATCH Charter Public High School in Allston-Brighton.
"Our mission is success in college and beyond," says Angie Isenberg, operations manager and assistant to the dean.
The school is housed in Bethel AME Church, in what was once the parish school of the former St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church.
Students receive two hours of individual tutoring each day and school days last until 4:30 p.m. Tutors maintain close contact with parents as well.
While the school has no fields of its own, it is next door to Parkman Playground and Park, where many of its outdoor activities take place.
Public transportation is available at the Forest Hills station (Orange Line).
- Hours: Daily, 7:50am - 4:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: September 2008
- Number of students: 220
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 18:1 (not counting individual tutors)
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 12 teachers plus a tutor for each student
- Grade levels: Sixth-eighth
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: Plans were in the works in fall 2010 for basketball, football and arts after-school programs.
- Sports teams: Plans were in the works in fall 2010 for a basketball team that would compete in the Charter League.