La Nacional was founded in 1984 to serve the Dominican American community with their travel and money transfer needs. The Centre Street location in Hyde Square has been open since 1992, and provides general money transfer, telecommunications, copy, fax and travel services. Old-fashioned telephone booths offer a glimpse at telecommunications before cell phones were widely available and still provide facilities for international telephone calls.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 8 AM - 6 PM
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Jun 01 1992
- What makes this community special?: Dominican and Latin-American presence and a sense of community.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Parking: On-street: free
- Reach: International, Local, National, Regional/commuter
- Number of retail/service outlets: 1
- Wi-Fi: None
- Type: Personal
- Number of advisors: 2
- What's your customer service philosophy?: Help the Dominican community process their family remittances.
- Number of agents: 2
- Regions covered: Local/regional, Mexico/Central America, South America, U.S./North America
- Services: Discount cards, Flights, International phones
- What is the most popular vacation destination for town residents?: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic