John F. Kennedy Elementary School
The Kennedy Elementary School is in the West assignment zone of Boston Public Schools. The school has a lovely outdoor playground. Students share their academic achievement through theater, dance and publishing parties. School uniforms are required (navy blue slacks, skirt or jumper with a white or baby blue blouse, shirt or polo shirt).
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:25am - 2:25pm; Sat - Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 373
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13:1
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 29 teachers
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Among the school's many projects with the community are an after-school program with the Hyde Square Task Force and music education with Artisan Music Studios.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Kindergarten - 5th grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library