James W. Hennigan Elementary School
Hennigan is in the West assignment zone of the Boston Public Schools. The back of the school connects to a hilly green neighborhood and the Jefferson Playground field as well as the urban wild of Nira Rock.
- Fax: 617-635-8271
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:25am-3:25pm; Early Dismissal: 1:30 p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 475
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 9:1
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 44 teachers
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K2-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: A variety of after- and before-school programs; Swimming classes in the on-campus pool