It’s finally here: the third-annual Jamaica Plain Music Festival.
WHERE: Pinebank baseball field
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 7, noon to 7 p.m.
WHAT: An all-afternoon, outdoor concert in Jamaica Plain.
WHO: Here’s the set list:
• pre-12 noon, at entry gate on Jamaicaway: Mike Greensteen and The Big Squirrels on the Shelf
• noon: Lowman
• 12:20: Red Dog (video)
• 12:40: Allison Francis (video)
• 1:00: Afro D All Starz (video)
• 1:20: Jesse & The Hogg Brothers (video)
• 1:40: What Time Is It, Mr. Fox? (video)
• 2:00 Peter Sykes (video)
• 2:20: Hobo Chili (video)
• 2:40: Coyote Kolb (video)
• 3:00 The Michael J. Epstein Memorial Library (video)
• 3:20: Merrie Amsterburg (video)
• 3:50: Rick Berlin with the Nickel and Dime Band (video)
• 4:10: The Long Woods
• 4:30: Bethel A.M.E. Praise & Worship Team
• 4:50: Lars Vegas (video)
• 5:10: Lenny Lashley’s Gang of One (video)
• 5:30: Tallahassee (video)
• 5:50 Kim Mayo (video)
• 6:10: The Grownup Noise (video)
• 6:30: Streight Angular (video)
• 6:50: The Macrotones (video)
And the sponsors:
Galway House, Tres Gatos, the Midway Café, JP Seafood Café are the stage sponsors and contributing sponsors include: Eastern Bank, Mt. Washington Bank, J.P. Knit & Stitch, Canary Square and The Haven as well as in-kind sponsors.
WHY: This is actually explained on the festival’s website.
NOTES: Organizers urge people to take public transportation to the venue because parking is limited in the area. The concert is on rain or shine, but the latest forecast looks pretty good.
The hashtag for the event is #JPMF13.