We know, today is the coldest one of the week, but don’t let that stop you from casting a ballot in today’s special preliminary election to fill the vacant District 7 City Council seat. It only takes a minute to get out and vote - here’s everything you need to know if you live in District 7 (and how to know if you do):
- Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
- There are six candidates on the ballot. They are:
- The only part of District 7 that is clearly in JP is Ward 11, Precinct 5, which votes at Elderly Housing 1990 Columbus Ave. Click here to find your assigned polling location.
- To find out if you're eligible to vote in today's election click here or call the city's Election Department at 617-635-3767.
- Today's race will narrow the field to two candidates whose names will appear on the ballot during the March 15 Special Municipal Election.
- The winner of the Special Municipal Election will represent District 7 on the Boston City Council. District 7 includes parts of Egleston Square, Dorchester, Roxbury, Lower Roxbury, and parts of Fenway and the South End.
- The winner will represent District 7 until the regular elections in the fall. The seat is vacant because longtime City Councilor Chuck Turner .
Stay tuned to JP Patch throughout the day for election coverage and results.