UPDATE: If you'd like to help the people displaced by the fire, a Fire Fund has been set up, according to Neighbors For Neighbors. Here is the link.
A porch fire at 83 Paul Gore Street has caused 14 people to be displaced from their homes, according to fire sources and neighbors.
The fire began on the back porch of apartment 6, which is on the third floor. It extended inside. The Boston Fire Department reports there were no known injuries.
Steve MacDonald of the Fire Department said the blaze started from careless disposal of a cigarette. The fire did about $100,000 damage, he said.
[Editor's note: This post has been updated with information about the cause of the fire and number of people displaced.]