.

Fire Does $400,000 Damage on Mozart Street; Eight People Displaced

The Boston Fire Department reports the blaze was caused by careless disposal of a cigarette.

A fire at 49 Mozart St. displaced eight people Sunday night and did an estimated $400,000 damage, according to Tweets from the Boston Fire Department.

Firefighters arrived at 3:18 a.m. to find "heavy fire from the rear porches."

The cause of the blaze, which started on the third floor back porch, was careless disposal of a cigarette, the Fire Department Tweeted.

Check back with JP Patch later in the day for more on this story.

gretchen van ness August 01, 2011 at 02:36 PM
Chri, please let us know what we can do to help the folks displaced by this fire. Thanks!
Chris Helms (Editor) August 01, 2011 at 03:16 PM
Hi Gretchen, according to the Fire Department, no Red Cross help was needed for this fire. But if anyone knows of other relief efforts, please let your neighbors know here.
Johnny Dean Negretti August 01, 2011 at 03:28 PM
heart breaking!!! :(
Karen August 04, 2011 at 03:10 PM
I know one person needs a 2 bedroom apt in JP. Any one know of anything?
Karen August 04, 2011 at 03:11 PM
Also- NOT in the $2,000 range.:-(
Chris Helms (Editor) August 04, 2011 at 03:19 PM
Hey Karen, have you tried Neighbors For Neighbors? I see apartments on there pretty often. http://neighborsforneighbors.org/

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »