1. Forecast: Rainy and chilly. Highs in the upper 50s. Chance of rain near 100 percent.
2. Cupcakes!: One of the perks of being the editor of JP Patch is that community groups sometimes ask me to do stuff. Like eat cupcakes as part of a panel judging Saturday's Cupcake Fundraiser for The Footlight Club. You can ! 1 p.m. Saturday at The Footlight Club.
(Savvy readers of the "Five Things" will know I highlighted this item yesterday. But since I posted it too late for the morning's email newsletter, I wanted to emphasize it today.)
3. Walking Tour of the Pond: This week's JP Historical Society free walking tour is of Jamaica Pond. Learn more about this familiar and well-loved landmark. Meet at the boathouse at 11 a.m. Saturday.
4. What About the Other Labs?: The Gazette has a great piece of journalism asking why the state isn't scrutinizing the 17 other labs that operate out of the State Labs on South Street. The State Drug lab there has been shuttered amid an evidence-tainting scandal that could set thousands of convicted drug dealers free.
5. Berklee Jazz Festival: Geri Allen and Joanne Brackeen team up to deliver a unique jazz show at the Berklee Performance Center, Friday at 7:30 p.m. $20. See here for more details from Back Bay Patch.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: