1. Forecast: Sunny and cooler. Highs in the mid 80s. Wind gusts up to 30 mph in the morning.
2. Solar Panel Array for Senior Housing: The city will be celebrating the new set of solar panels on top of 125 Amory St. this morning. The panels will save the Boston Housing Authority building (and taxpayers) about $13,000 a year in hot water costs. Ribbon cutting is at 10:30 a.m.
3. JP Reads: An update on the inaugural JP Reads — the effort (in which the whole neighborhood reads and discusses one book) has a new Web site: http://www.jpreads.org/ The first book is Erin Morgenstern's "The Night Circus." Events start in September, and more are being added.
4. Shakespeare on the Common: The Commonwealth Shakespeare Company hosts their 17th season of free Shakespeare with Coriolanus. Come see the show from 7 to 9:45 p.m.. This may not be appropriate for all ages and parental discretion is advised.
5. Boston Landmark Orchestra at the Hatch Shell: To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Clean Water Act, the orchestra will be playing to celebrate the natural beauty of our waterways. Free. 7 p.m., on the Hatch Shell at the Esplanade.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.