1. Forecast: The mayor has , as temps are expected to be in the high 90s. Thankfully, this morning's forecasts are a few degrees cooler than last night, when a high of 99 was predicted. It's still gonna be a scorcher.
2. Arborway Tree Tour: The old trees along the Arborway are one of our neighborhood's treasures. Sadly, two of them recently had to be cut down for safety reasons. This evening a , sponsored by the Arborway Coalition and the Boston Nature Center, lets you appreciate these giants while you can. Free. Meets at 6 p.m. near the Pond ()
3. Stuffed Animal Library Sleepover: Regular readers know my belief that these are the four cutest words in the English language. On Wednesday at 6 p.m., the Egleston Square Library .
4. Elma Lewis Playhouse Free Concert with OrigiNation: Come join the Roxbury children’s dance studio as they celebrate the musical traditions from Africa, the Caribbean and Harlem at the Franklin Park Playstead (Between White Stadium and the Franklin Park Zoo, 1 Columbia Road Entrance at 11 a.m. This is a free event for all ages.
5. Free Yoga at the Frog Pond: As the day (hopefully) cools off, come relax and stretch out the stress of the workday at The Frog Pond at a free yoga class from 6 to 7 p.m. It is recommended that you bring your own mat and blocks.