1. Still cooking: The National Weather Service predicts a mostly sunny day with a high near 87. The evening will cool down to about 61.
2. A Great Day for Live Music in JP (Part One): Come march through the Franklin Park Playstead (Between White Stadium and the Franklin Park Zoo, 1 Columbia Road Entrance with Marcus Santos. Bang a drum and dance with an interactive Afro Brazilian concert mixing music and dance. Free. The event begins at 11 a.m.
3. UPDATED — A Great Day for Live Music in JP (Part Two): There's a great free concert in on Thursday night (not Tuesday as originally published here). The performs at 7 p.m. Thursday as part of the Tito Puente Concert Series. Expect Cuban salsa with North American influences.
4. We Are Debo: Staying with music news, JP's own Debo Band are making quite a splash. The LA Times gave them love in their "Overrated/Underrated" feature, saying, "Full of churning strings, driving horns and flashes of klezmer, Debo Band's eclectic sound should keep any summer barbecue cooking." Friend Debo Band on Facebook to find out when they're playing nearby.
5. JP Restaurant News: At tonight's J meeting, will make its case for adding liqueur to its alcohol license, expanding its patio and adding live music. Also up will be "Sanctuary," the new restaurant slated for the JP Neighborhood Development Corp. space near the entrance to the former Blessed Sacrament Church. The meeting is 7 p.m. at .