1. Weather: Partly sunny this morning, then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain showers this afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s.
2. Did you hear about the T employee who is in trouble for rigging the computerized announcement system to sing "Deck the Halls"? Ever the Grinch, the T plans to discipline the employee.
3. Our calendar is full of New Year's events, like a or the traditional . If your organization is having one, please add it to the calendar.
4. If you got an e-reader for Christmas, you can check out books from the Boston Public Library on it.
5. Many of you know the Arredondo family. Our Post Office is , who died fighting in Iraq. Last week . There are many ways to pay your respects this week, starting today with visiting hours from 4-9 p.m. at . The funeral Mass is Wednesday at 10 a.m. at and there will be a memorial service at on Wednesday from 3-6 p.m.