1. Forecast: Nice and cool the first part of the week. Highs in the upper 70s today.
2. Thirty Years on South Street: Over the weekend, founder (and JP native) Joy Silverstein published a great little blog post about how South Street has changed in the 30 years since her salon first opened.
3. First Thursday: Make your plans this week to enjoy First Thursday, which is Thursday from 6-8 p.m. all along the Centre/South corridor. Apropos of item #2, there will be a .
4. Concerned about crime?: Every month, the police hold a . Going is a great way to find out about crime trends, make contacts within the police department or let police know what worries you on your street. Thursday, 7 p.m., at the .
5. Barack Obama's Birthday House Party: It's clear from the fundraising stats that the president has . If that describes you, there's a meeting on Saturday evening you might be interested in. It's a birthday party/volunteer recruitment drive ().