1. Forecast: Cloudy. Showers likely, mainly in the morning. Highs in the upper 50s.
2. I'll turn the rest of this morning's Five Things over to all things . JP's biggest festival is scheduled for Saturday, noon to six, along the Southwest Corridor Park near the . Four stages of music and entertainment, everyone you know in the neighborhood and a pronounced JP vibe.
3. The rain date for the festival is Sunday. There's about a 30 percent chance of rain for Saturday. Spontaneous Celebrations, which puts on the festival, will announce it one way or another on its Web site this afternoon. Or just check back with JP Patch later today and we'll pass along the news.
[In the items below I use Saturday. I will change these to Sunday if the festival is put off a day.]
4. There are two parades to this year's Wake Up The Earth. The Saturday outside Curtis Hall. Another one joins from Egleston, and linking up with the other parade.
5. Look for lots of dragons this year! Put on your best dragon costume and gather at the Monument at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday. The winner gets $400 worth of goodness. And all participants get a gift card and City Feed T-shirt.
[Editor's note: Details about the parades have been updated.]