1. Forecast: Sunny, with highs in the upper 40s.
2. Tonight's it the annual "Don't Wait Till We're Dead" Talent Show, sponsored by the Beantown Society. As the organizers put it, the event brings awareness to "politicians, media, and the community about how youth are viewed. As youth we are only recognized by them when a tragedy occurs, so with our talent show we highlight the talents of our local youth." 6-10 p.m. at .
3. About 100 people turned out Thursday night for a public hearing about the Casey Overpass decision. I hope to post a report later this morning. State officials were clear that the bridge won't be rebuilt, but opposition to the planned surface street design remained vocal.
4. If you've visited our Facebook page in the last 12 hours, you've noticed we've made the switch to the new "Timeline" view. I've got some good images for that huge "cover photo" but I'm looking for more. If you've taken a high-quality photo that screams "JP!" please email me or add it to our community gallery. Please note the photos must be at least 720 pixels wide!
5. Voting ends at 9 a.m. for this week's "" Readers' Choice contest. I'll announce the winner at noon (and unless something drastic changes, looks like CVS will be winning.)