1. Call It August Noooooise: August Noise — the free, outdoor series of concerts in JP this month — at 6 p.m. at . Stop by and hear who's playing.
2. Get to Know Woodbourne: This weekend's JP Historical Society walking tour is of the . I've taken this one. Very interesting to learn the story behind the brick "garden city model housing." Meet your guide at . 11 a.m. Saturday.
3. Yard Sales: Did you know you can post yard sales here on JP Patch? There are two that residents have already posted for this weekend on and . Post yours by following this link (choose the "yard sale" category).
4. Downtown Goes Car-free on Sunday: Many of you participated in the "Circle the City" car-free day here in Jamaica Plain, when the . A similar event, on an even bigger scale, is happening downtown on Sunday, as parts of State, Congress and the access road beside the Rose Kennedy Greenway are made into havens for pedestrians and bicyclists. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday.
5. Toy Story 3 Screens Outdoors: After enjoying the Greenway, you can come back to our neighborhood for a at . It's courtesy of the Emerald Necklace Conservancy's Summer Sundays in the Park Series. 8 p.m. Sunday, with activities for kids starting at 7 p.m.