1. Weather: Rain. Breezy. Near steady temperature in the lower 40s.Chance of rain near 100 percent.
2. Did you forget to order a pie through ' Pie in the Sky program? It's not too late. Today you can go to these locations, including the nonprofit's JP headquarters, and buy pies. You'll get a great pie and make a donation to their work feeding the critically ill.
3. For those of you traveling, take note: traffic is expected to be at its peak on Wednesday and Sunday, and MassDOT is urging travelers to consider traveling in the early morning or after 8 p.m. Heavy backups are expected along the Mass Pike near the Exit 9 connector to Interstate 84 and at the Interstate 95 and 495 Turnpike interchanges. Interstate 93 northbound into New Hampshire should also be slow. Here's a link to advisories and traffic cams.
4. You walk by the all the time. Isn't time you went inside? On Sunday there are starting at noon. The docent will adjust the tour to your interests. $5.
5. After a short delay, the Frog Pond quietly opened for ice skating Monday. The original plans to open last Friday, with a ceremony, were scrapped after the weather remained unseasonably warm.