1. Forecast: Sunny and hot with highs around 90.
2. Enjoy the high of only 90. We're supposed to get a . The mayor has opened cooling centers, including the one at the on Heath Street. Further, municipal pools will be open until 9 p.m. At right is a PDF with locations of cooling centers and pools.
3. Want to avoid kids on your pool visit? As suggested by JP's Mary Hannon , the rooftop pool at the Colonnade Hotel in Back Bay might be more your speed. Yes, it's open to the public. For a flat $40, you can spend the day lounging there. (There's also a $20 half-day rate.)
4. Celebrate the last comparatively cool evening for a while with with the and friends. 6-8 p.m. at the Cheverus Building on the Blessed Sacrament site. There will be music, food, Zumba and other family-friendly activities.
5. There are four different days/times you can visit a farmer's market in JP. Today is the one at , near the , from 4-7 p.m.