1. It's a great day to be in JP. The big event is tonight's , when businesses and galleries on Centre/South will be alive with performances and lots and lots of art. Thirty-five art openings! 6-8 p.m.
2. After you've soaked up as much First Thursday goodness as you can stand, head over to Hyde Square at 8 p.m. for the first of the season. They're screening "Human Highway." Bring your own snacks.
3. Amid this night of fun, civic life continues. The JP Neighborhood Council meets. The agenda includes bid to add gold buying to their services. I've attached the full agenda in the photo block at the right. 7 p.m. at .
4. Interested in jewelry? has a of rings, necklaces and earrings this afternoon from designer Dahlia Kanner. 3-8 p.m. (Event stretches into First Thursday).
5. Saturday is the big . Of course you'll go, but please also consider volunteering for set up, clean up or something in between.