1. Forecast: Sunny and hot with highs in the upper 90s. Heat index values up to 104.
2. Need a free place to cool off in the AC? Among the city's cooling centers is the on Heath Street. City pools stay open until 9 p.m., just as they did yesterday.
3. Even ZipCars aren't immune to getting their tires stolen, as shown in this photo at Forest Hills from UniversalHub. Apparently turning your front wheels enough so that the steering column locks makes it harder to take your tires. Could be enough to convince the thief to try elsewhere.
4. The feds are offering no-interest loans up to $50,000 to homeowners whose income has fallen at least 15 percent because of underemployment or a medical emergency and caused them to be at least three months delinquent on their mortgage payments. The deadline to apply for the loan is tomorrow.
5. Inca Son plays the tonight. 9 p.m. $10.