1. Forecast: Partly sunny. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe with damaging winds and large hail. Humid with highs in the upper 80s.
2. If you're reading this first thing in the morning, you might still have time to open your chakras at "." The M/W/F classes at run 7-8:15 a.m.
3. A new hair salon, We Are Hair, is scheduled to open today at on Centre. We've got a feature story in the works as well.
4. This month the area is alive with crazy athletic antics. Parkour 101 is going down at the Boston Center for Adult Education on Aug. 13, you can watch the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series at the Fan Pier on Aug. 20 (divers will jump from the roof of the ICA), and there's something called the Spartan Race at Amesbury Sports Park Aug. 27 and 28.
5. The Globe has posted an exhaustive photo gallery of New England clam and lobster shacks.