1. We're looking at a wet October day with a chance of rain all day and highs in the mid-60s.
2. Looking to keep the fridge fresh? The Farmer's Market will run today from noon until 6:00 p.m.
3. Tonight the JP Neighborhood Council's meets. In yesterday morning's "Five Things" we gave a head's up on the properties they'll be discussing changes to. 7 p.m. at .
4. Need to talk to City Councilor Matt O'Malley, who is the district councilor for JP and West Roxbury? He's over at in Westie. 8 a.m.
5. Have you heard of the 3/50 Project? The idea behind the project is to spread awareness of the positive effects of shopping at independent businesses, like many of the shops that call JP home. Reads a pamphlet for the project, "For every $100 spent in independently owned businesses, $68 returns to the local economy through taxes, payroll, and other expenditures. If you spend that in a national chain, only $43 stays here. Spend it online and nothing comes here." Learn more about the project here.