1. Weather: Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Nice.
2. Delay on Big Apartment Project: The Gazette reports that a scheduled vote to approve the 196-unit apartment complex slated for 161 S. Huntington has been scotched. Check the Gazette for details.
3. A Benefit With Strings Attached (But That's Good): A member of JP's buzz-generating Ethiopian-fusion has organized a music center for kids in Addis Ababa. The Ethiopian String Center has the instruments and a full sign-up sheet of young Ethiopians who want to learn. They just need a bit more money. That's where you come in. There's a at , complete with homemade honey wine.
4. More Yoga: Maybe it's because Mrs. JP Patch has gotten into yoga lately, but I've noticed how many yoga options are proliferating here in JP. A new one is "" at over by Doyle's. There's a session Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. if you want to try it out. $13.
5. Candy Company Disowns "Deep Fried Mars Bars": The company that makes Mars bars is warning restaurants that the Scottish delicacy is not supported by them. "Deep-frying one of our products would go against our commitment to promoting healthy, active lifestyles," a company spokesman told the BBC. Now head on down to in Hyde Square and get one!
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on our community in a blog.