1. Forecast: Mostly sunny. Not as cool with highs in the lower 70s.
2. Southie Gets a Starbucks Before Us: Adam Gaffin at the indispensable Universal Hub had an interesting observation — South Boston will be getting a Starbucks before JP.
3. Local Night at Whole Foods: It's the first Monday of the month, when local food makers come to Whole Foods to give out samples and talk to customers. "Loco for Local" night runs 5-7 p.m.
4. JP Reads Reaches Crescendo: It's a big week for the neighborhood-wide reading initiative JP Reads. This week's events culminate Friday with a visit to JP by Erin Morgenstern, author of the reading selection, "The Night Circus."
5. Poetry Workshop with Boston Poet Laureate Sam Cornish: Poet Laureate Sam Cornish is hosting a five-week poetry workshop open to all, free of charge. These workshops are held from 3 to 4 p.m. and 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Central Branch of the Boston Public Library. Space is limited, call 617-859-2339 to register.