1. Forecast: Showers, mainly in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Chance of rain near 100 percent.
2. Remember the Old Orange Line?: The Orange Line, Twenty Five Years Ago: The Boston Public Library is hosting an exhibit on the days of the elevated train in the Southwest Corridor in the Wiggin Gallery until Jan. 18.
3. Police Termed JP War Protest "Criminal": The Boston Police investigated a 2007 anti-war meeting in JP, terming it a possible "criminal act." The Gazette has much more on an ACLU report about the incident and the Boston Police response.
4. Councilor O'Malley Holds Office Hours on the Run: City Councilor Matt O'Malley, who represents JP, holds an innovative way for constituents to talk to him — and get fit. He'll hold office hours while he and a group jog, starting at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Olmsted Park.
5. Mosaic Making Continues: Also on Saturday at 9:30 a.m. is another session to help create a permanent mosaic for the JP Branch Library.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: