1. Forecast: Sunny. Not as cool with highs in the lower 50s.
2. New Farmer's Market: The brand-new Egleston Farmer's Market debuts on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Our Lady of Lourdes, 45 Brookside. It's an indoor market that will run all winter!
3. Casey Report Released Online: The state has finally posted an inspection report that details just how decrepit the Casey Overpass really is.
4. Local Poets, Authors Perform: The local poetry group Chapter and Verse has a show Friday night at the Loring-Greenough House. 7:30 p.m., $5 suggested donation.
5. My Last 'Things': This will be the last "Five Things to Know" I put together. I'm happy to report that I've been promoted at Patch. The bad news is the job is on the North Shore, so my wife and I will be leaving JP. Back in the good news category, your new JP Patch editor, Bret Silverberg, is a great guy.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: