1. Forecast: Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s.
2. Meet Nascar, the Car Kitten: The pastor at First Church in JP had a meowing little surprise under his hood as he drove to church on Sunday. Find out the whole story (and how to adopt the kitten) at the church's blog.
3. "JP Reads" Discussion of 'The Night Circus': Monday night at 7 p.m. at the Connolly Branch Library.
4. Get Ready for Oktoberfest: On Tuesday night, Canary Square begins celebrating Oktoberfest in earnest with a slate of one-night-only specials. Here are the details. Prost!
5. The Curious Creation of the Electoral College: What the Founders Didn't Want and Didn't See Coming: Author Ray Raphael will discuss his new book, “Mr. President: How and Why the Founding Fathers Created a Chief Executive,” from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday for free at the Massachusetts Historical Society.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: