1. Forecast: We present, without comment, the weather report as is. "Showers. Very windy with highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. Increasing to 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 70 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent."
2. Stay home: Boston public schools are closed for everyone but nonessential employees and many workplaces are doing the same today. The governor has declared a state of emergency and is asking people to stay in, or at least off the roads, all day.
3. But if you must: You can use the T. The MBTA has cancelled their ferries services but the subway, bus, commuter rail and RIDE will operate on a normal schedule Monday morning.
4. Keep informed: Patch will be providing full Hurricane Sandy coverage throughout the day.
5. Download These Apps: Charge up your smart phone before the storm knocks power out and get these seven apps.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: