1. Forecast: Cloudy. A chance of showers with areas of drizzle in the morning, then showers in the afternoon. Foggy morning. Highs in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 90 percent.
2. First Thursday: It's time for the monthly celebration of arts, music and overall goodness along the Centre/South corridor. Runs from 6-8 p.m. Thursday evening. (Special note: In honor of JP Reads' book selection, "The Night Circus," wear black and white with a touch of red.)
3. Flea Circus: Speaking of "Night Circus" events, Thursday night it's an entire Big Top Circus in miniature! Watch as Ed Popielarczyk's fleas perform on the flying trapeze, walk the dangerous high wire, get shot out of a cannon and more! 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the JP Branch Library.
4. JP Licks to Expand: The JP-based ice cream haven has announced that it plans three new stores in 2013, including one in Lynnfield.
5. Recap — Massachusetts Responds to the Debate: Patch hosted a live blog about Wednesday night's presidential debate, including guest bloggers from the GOP and Democratic Parties. Here's a recap of the chat and here's the full transcript. I was on assignment for Patch watching the debate at the headquarters for Newton Republicans. Very different from a JP crowd, but they were welcoming.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: