1. Forecast: Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s.
2. Curtis Hall Halloween Party: There are lots of Halloween party options around JP this year. For instance, Curtis Hall Community Center is hosting one on Halloween itself (Wednesday, Oct. 31) at 5-7 p.m. There will be a costume contest, treats and games.
3. Walnut Avenue Project Wins Court Decision: Remember that facility for housing and medical care of the homeless that has been trying to move into Parkside? The project has won a major legal victory, the Globe reports. An appeals court ruled against 11 neighbors trying to stop the project.
4. "The Innocents": The Boston Public Library Central Library is hosting one of the scariest movies my colleague Nate Homan has ever seen. “The Innocents,” based on the Henry James story “The Turn of the Screw.” You’ll keep your lights on that night, Nate promises. It's from 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday for free.
5. Four Days Left in Pet Costume Contest: Patch's Pet Costume Contest ends Sunday. That's just in time for your pet to strut his or her stuff at the JP Dog Parade on Saturday. Use the photo you take there to win a $50 gift card (and bragging rights.)
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: