1. Forecast: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.
2. Bill McKibben on a Climate Change Movement With Hope: It's easy to get discouraged about the prospects of humans actually dealing with the impact of climate change. On Sunday, well-known author and activist Bill McKibben returns to JP. He'll speak at 3:30 p.m. at First Church in JP Unitarian Universalist. It's part of a larger interfaith discussion of climate change that runs 2-5 p.m. on Sunday.
3. Unless a Freak Hurricane Cancels Everything: In what could be considered irony, the "Frankenstorm" that could be headed our way might cancel McKibben's talk, and a slew of Halloween activities. Check the JP Patch calendar: I'll keep any cancelled events listed, but will put "Cancelled" or "Postponed" in the headline. If you're running an event that gets cancelled by the weather, just email me at email@example.com.
4. Casey Overpass Often Drops Debris: The JP Gazette has a great report on the chunks of the Casey Overpass that keep falling.
5. Casey Arborway Design Meeting: And speaking of the crumbling overpass, the Design Advisory Group created by the state agency running the project has another meeting on Monday. 6 p.m. at Curtis Hall Community Center.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: