1. Forecast: Cloudy. Showers likely, mainly this afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s.
2. Family Dollar Coming to Washington Street: The Gazette reports that the former Kennedy Fried Chicken at 3383 Washington St. will become a Family Dollar sometime in early 2013.
3. History of First Church: Before there was a Jamaica Plain, before there was a Unitarian Church, there was First Church in Jamaica Plain. The landmark religious institution's historian gives a free talk on Thursday, 7:30 p.m. at the church.
4. Learn About Alzheimer's: Springhouse presents . There will be four speakers at a light dinner. 6 p.m. at Springhouse.
5. "JP Reads" Events Continue: The neighborhood reading initiative brings the MGM musical "Jumbo" to the screening room in the basement of the JP Branch Library on Thursday at 6 p.m. Free.