1. Weather: Mostly sunny, highs in the lower 40s.
2. The solstice is Thursday as we bottom out on the long days of winter and the days start (ever so slowly) to get longer again. Celebrate it Friday with a concert of at the . 8 p.m. Friday, $20. (Reservations highly recommended.)
3. Speaking of celebrations, the holds its tonight at 6:30. There will be children's activities, singing and refreshments. Free.
4. If you're looking for cultural activities during the upcoming holiday, you could do worse than taking in "Degas and the Nude" at the MFA. Runs through Feb. 5. Still not convinced? Here's a clip of chanteuse Amanda Palmer, who knows something about overexposure, visiting the exhibit.
5. And though most of you know this already, here's a reminder: Curtis Hall Community Center is open again, and that means you can swim on and and use the to ward off those extra holiday pounds. [UPDATE -- A saavy reader emailed me that the gym happens to be closed for repairs this week, and that the pool might also be closed. Please call ahead!]