1. Forecast: Mostly cloudy this morning, giving way to mostly sunny later. Highs in the 50s.
2. Body, Minus a Head, Terrorizes Town: The play-reading series PlaYces takes a ghostly turn as Divine Stage Works performs "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" at the Loring-Greenough House. Tickets are $14 for adults, $10 for kids. Shows are Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
3. Haunted Happenings: We've put together a list of Halloween events in all the Boston neighborhoods that have Patch sites. There's plenty going on in JP, but some of the frightful stuff outside our borders is worth a look too.
4. StyleFixx 2012: Come by the Boston Center of the Arts today from 5 to 10 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday StyleFixx 2012, a massive fashion and beauty event.
5. Royal Fried Chicken to Become Family Dollar?: The JP Neighborhood Council's Zoning Committee is expected to take up the issue of 3381 Washington (the old Royal Fried Chicken) being turned into a Family Dollar store. 7 p.m. Thursday at Farnsworth House.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: