Jamaica Plain readies for the second JP Music Festival with pub crawl and gastronomic and brewed tributes to Jamaica Pond’s albino squirrel
New England and Jamaica Plain businesses are coming together to help celebrate The JP Music Festival and the famed albino squirrel who once lived at Jamaica Pond and is the festival’s mascot through a variety of yummy treats for kids and adults.
• Notch Brewing of Ipswich, Massachusetts has produced a limited-quantity, 13-keg batch of Squirrel Brew, in honor of the albino squirrel.
The Squirrel Brew is an unfiltered Blonde Bitter and uses American hops (citrus and pine aroma) for a balanced hop flavor and dry finish. It's 4.5% alcohol by volume. It will be available at the following Jamaica Plain and Boston restaurants and bars:
* Bella Luna/Milky Way: 284 Amory Street
* Brendan Behan Pub: 378 Centre Street
* Doyle’s Café: 3484 Washington Street
* Galway House: 710 Centre Street
* The Haven: 2 Perkins Street
* James’s Gate: 5-11 McBride Street
* The Midway: 3496 Washington Street
• To celebrate, the festival is holding its first pub crawl at the above locations on Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 starting at 7 PM. If one of your stops is at the Galway House, the festival’s returning Premier Sponsor, and you should order a Squirrel Brew, you’ll also receive a free JP Music Festival sticker and button. RSVP if you’d like on Facebook.
• Narragansett Beer of Providence, Rhode Island, another returning sponsor, created and donated bar coasters to help spread the word about the festival. The coasters can now be seen across JP from your favorite bar stool.
• City Feed, the JP Music Festival’s Stage Sponsor (and a returning sponsor from 2011), will be offering a special JP Music Festival sandwich for sale.
• Ula Café is baking up batches of a delicious sugar cookies shaped like everybody’s favorite albino squirrel for sale over at The Brewery starting August 25th.
• Blue Frog Bakery will be baking a JP Music Festival cookie that any squirrel would love with nuts including pecans and walnuts starting August 27th.
• Monumental Cupcakes will bake a special Squirrel Cupcake featuring chocolate cake with orange icing for sale starting August 27th.
Participating businesses will donate a portion of the proceeds from the sales to the second annual JP Music Festival, to help produce the event for free.
The second annual JP Music Festival will be held on Saturday, September 8th, 2012 from 12-7 PM at Pinebank Field. RSVP on Facebook.
Premier Sponsor: Galway House
Stage Sponsor: City Feed
Additional Event Sponsors include:
• Bella Luna Milky Way Restaurant & Lounge
• The Boston Home Team
• Brendan Behan Pub
• Doyle’s Café
• Eastern Bank
• Ferris Wheels Bikeshop
• Fresh Hair
• The Haven
• James’s Gate
• JP Knit & Stitch
• Midway Café
• Mt. Washington Bank
• McCormack & Scanlan Real Estate
• Narragansett Beer Co.
• Notch Brewing
• On Centre
• El Oriental de Cuba
• Plattypus General Contractor
• Porter Cafe
• Samuel Adams
• The Video Underground
Please tell all our sponsors thank you for supporting the festival next time you see them!