Every year brings business closings and openings in our dynamic neighborhood. Correspondent Meghan Foley asked JP residents which businesses that closed this year they'll miss the most.
In this admittedly small sample, Bon Savor kept coming up. Perhaps it was because the interviews were done shortly after the French-South American bistro shut down for good.
Interestingly, no one mentioned the closing of Hi Lo Foods, which sparked Jamaica Plain's story of the year — Hi Lo's closing and the arrival of Whole Foods.
Some of the notable businesses that closed this year include:
- Bon Savor (space is up for lease)
- Dame (Room 68 is now in that space)
- (replaced by )
- Hi Lo Foods (replaced by Whole Foods)
- (replaced by Fazenda Coffee Roasters)
- Mr. Shoe's Plus
- Shoreline Shine Accessories
Later this month we'll do a post about the businesses that opened in JP in 2011.