With the Casey Overpass bridge gone (that ugly, isolating, divisive eyesore!), we will host a 6-lane highway through Forest Hills. The 6-lane "at grade" highway solution will:
- make it safer for pedestrians and bicyclists to cross - oops
- shorten bus travel times - oops
- provide much needed traffic calming - oops
- reconnect the Emerald Necklace - oops
- remove a visual barrier and eyesore - oops
- slow down commuter traffic - Yes!
[Editor's note: The Sandra Boynton reference is to her children's book, which features series like "Blue Hat, Green Hat, Red Hat, Oops." In the "Oops" section, there's something wrong, like the hat being worn on a creature's feet.]