The Jamaica Plain Music Festival brings 20 bands to the shores of Jamaica Pond from 1-7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 20. Here's everything you need to know:
- Who's playing?
- When does each band play?
- How do I get there?
- Where do I park? (Please don't drive, though. Take the T or walk.)
- What if it rains? Acts move to at 6 Eliot St. or to a location to be announced at the event's web site.
- How much does it cost? Nothing. But you can donate to the all-volunteer effort here.
- Will there be food? There will be Lefty's Silver Cart (local, organic soups and sandwiches) but because lines will be long, organizers recommend eating before, during or after at one of the sponsoring JP restaurants: | | |
- Can I bring beer? No. It's a public park, patrolled by the Police Department.
- What's the rest of the media saying about the festival? JP Gazette | Globe | Phoenix | Dig
[Editor's note: Information about the after party was removed from this post because of fire safety regulations about how many people can be there. The party is now invitation-only.]