1. Forecast: Partly sunny. Humid with highs in the mid 80s.
2. The JP Music Festival Is Almost Here: The weekend's big event is, without doubt, the . There will be 24 acts on two stages near the shores of on Saturday from noon to 7 p.m. The event is free.
3. 80 Years of Progressive Organizing: Just about any program of the JP Forum is worth going to see. But on Sunday they have a really special one. at in JP on Sunday at 4:30 p.m. $3.
4. Hedda Gabler: This weekend " in the cozy setting of the . Performances Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. $14.
5. A New Church in Egleston Square: It's not every day that someone opens a new church (at least here in contemporary New England!). But there's a new one in Egleston, Christ the King. The pastor is inviting everyone to an "" on Sunday at 4 p.m. Includes dinner.