1. Forecast: Partly sunny this morning, then clearing. Not as cool with highs in the upper 70s.
2. Erin Morgenstern Arrives...With Warning: The eponymous magical circus of her book, "The Night Circus," arrives without warning. Not so for Erin Morgenstern, who will be at the Footlight Club tonight for arguably the biggest event of JP Reads.
3. Avoid I-93 For Columbus Day Travel: Road work is expected to close lanes, creating backups of up to 20 miles, the Herald reports.
4. Boston Local Food Festival: Head down to the Greenway on Sunday for the free food festival featuring local farmers, specialty foods and restaurants from New England.
5. Franklin Park Zoo Centennial: The zoo on the Dot side of Franklin Park turns 100 this year. There's a zoo-wide birthday party from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. $17.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: