It's a big weekend for the Jamaica Plain area.
Not only did Easter arrive on Sunday, but dozens of runners from Jamaica Plain are poised to run in Monday's Boston Marathon.
And now, area residents and boating enthusiasts can rejoice to know that the Jamaica Plain Boathouse has opened for the 2014 season.
The boathouse opened on Saturday, April 19 and has the following boat rental specials running through Monday, April 21, according to the Jamaica Pond Facebook page:
- Rowboats: $35
- Kayaks: $40
- Sailboats: $50
The boathouse will hold the following hours through the remainder of April:
- Sunday, April 20: 10 a.m. to sunset (about 7:30 p.m.)
- Monday, April 21: 10 a.m. to sunset
- Tuesday, April 22: CLOSED
- Wednesday, April 23: 12 p.m. to sunset
- Thursday, April 24: 12 p.m. to sunset
- Friday, April 25: 12 p.m. to sunset
- Saturday, April 26: 10 a.m. to sunset
- Sunday, April 27: 10 a.m. to sunset
- Monday, April 28: 12 p.m. to sunset
- Tuesday, April 29: CLOSED
- Wednesday, April 30: 12 p.m. to sunset
Patrons should note that the last boat rentals available will be one hour before sunset.