With close to 600 pieces of equipment on streets throughout Boston and nearly 100 inspectors checking on roadways in response to Wednesday's storm, the city's Emergency Operations Center is open and staffed with representatives from all departments.
- A Snow Emergency & Parking Ban is currently in effect.
- All Boston Public Schools closed on Wednesday.
- Trash pickup began at 6 a.m.
- Libraries are open under normal hours
- Normal rules are in effect for parking meters.
- Courts will be closed Wednesday.
The following updates were provided by cityofboston.gov.
The Boston Transportation Department is monitoring the traffic flow and issued 138 tickets and towed 19 vehicles in violation of the parking ban as of 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
The Boston Police Department assisted with traffic flow at major intersections during Wednesday's morning commute. Officers will be posted at 100 intersections during the evening commute, as well.
All Boston Centers for Youth & Families community centers are open through 6 p.m. Wednesday. Children older than 7 are welcome, and anyone younger than age 12 must be accompanied by an adult at drop-off to fill out a short intake form.
The mayor's 24-hour hotline received more than 1,100 calls since midnight, about nine times the normal call volume. Most of the calls have been snow-related, with questions focusing on office openings and closures and requests for plows.The Inspectional Services Department is focused on enforcement of private contractors plowing snow onto city streets.
Snow removal during and after the storm
- Request plowing and sanding for your street
- Boston snow removal rules and fines
- Adopt a hydrant to clear of snow
Was your car towed?
Important numbers listed by the city:
- Emergencies (Police, Fire, EMS): 911
- Mayor’s Hotline (24-Hrs): 617-635-4500
- ABCD Fuel Assistance: 617-357-6012
- Boston Water & Sewer: 617-989-7000
- Consumer Complaints: 617-635-3834
- DCR Storm Desk: 617-727-1680
- Elderly Commission: 617-635-4366
- Inspectional Services: 617-635-1010
- MBTA: 617-222-3200
- MassDOT: 857-368-6111
- National Grid Gas: 800-322-3223
- NSTAR Electric & Gas: 800-592-2000
- Tow Lot: 617-635-3900
- Verizon: 800-837-4966
- Resident can also receive snow updates using the City's Alert Boston system.
List of city-authorized cab companies:
- Top Cab: 617-266-4800
- Boston Cab: 617-536-3200
- I.T.O.A. Cab: 617-825-4000
- City Cab: 617-536-5100
- Metro Cab: 617-782-5500
- Tunnel Taxi: 617-567-2700
- 617TaxiCab: 617-829-4222