1. Weather: On Thursday night, Friday's storm was upgraded to a blizzard warning, and at least two feet of snow is expected in this area. The storm will start on Friday morning and will hit peak intensity starting Friday afternoon into Friday night. See here for the latest forecast.
2. MBTA To Shut Down: All bus, subway commuter rail and other services will be suspended starting at 3:30 p.m. on Friday. Regular MBTA service will operate "with significant delays" from the start of service Friday until the 3:30 p.m. cutoff. See here for more info.
3. Snow Emergency Parking: A snow emergency will begin at noon in Boston. Here's a list of the streets you cannot park on, and a link to the nearby garages in the Jamaica Plain that are offering parking specials. The governor is urging residents to be off the road by noon Friday.
4. Cancelling a weekend event? Or is your store or business closing early on Friday? Let me know at Bret.Silverberg@patch.com and I can update the neighborhood. You can also reach out through Facebook and Twitter.
5. Be in the Know: I'll be working all weekend to provide neighborhood-specific updates - any power outages, down trees, etc. Follow along in real-time on Facebook and Twitter, and remember, it's a two-way street. You can send in photos or videos of what you're seeing out there, and I can share them with the rest of the neighborhood.
More Jamaica Plain Patch Storm Coverage
- JP Storm Center
- Blizzard Warning Issued for Boston
- How Boston Cleans Up After a Snowstorm -- And What You Can Do
- NSTAR Offers Tips to Prepare for Snowstorm