Invite a friend
Jamaica Pond Association Meeting
Below is the expected agenda of the Jamaica Pond Association's next meeting. The neighborhood group meets first Mondays, unless there is a holiday. In those cases, the meeting is held on second Mondays:
Here is the draft agenda for the Aug. 6 meeting, courtesy of board chairperson Jack Fay:
JPA AUGUST MEETING
Monday, August 6, 2012 7:00 - 9:00 PM
1. Welcome and introductions
2. Amendments to Agenda
3 Clerk, Treasurer Reports
Approval of prior minutes
4. Zoning (both developer teams noted below will be presenting)
- Revised proposal about 161 South Huntington Ave.
- Proposed development of 105 South Huntington Ave.
5. Jamaica Pond Music Festival request 6. Report from social event sub-committee
7. Design Advisory Group
update – Casey – Arborway project
More About Jamaicaway Tower and Townhouses
The only high-rise residential tower in the area, Jamaicaway Tower, somehow manages to nestle its 30 stories unobtrusively beside Jamaica Pond. One of the Boston area's few housing cooperatives, it is located just blocks from the Longwood medical area, and less than a 15 minute drive from downtown. The common area is appointed like a hotel lobby, and the living amenities are equally luxurious. Security is friendly and accommodating.