Invite a friend
First Connections: New Moms' Group at Mama & Me
First Connections (0-3 months)
Early parenthood can be a time of transition and change. Many new moms benefit from sharing their concerns and making connections with other new moms in their community as they navigate the questions and choices of their child's first months. The First Connections group is a wonderful opportunity to meet other new parents and to speak honestly about the challenges, joys, and questions of early parenting. With a small, consistent group of people, new moms will ask questions, share their experiences, and support each other during the first few month of their babies' lives. Characterized by a warm, welcoming, non-judgmental environment, First Connections explores the journey of motherhood, while building trust and community among new moms.
This group is intended for mothers with babies ages 0-3 months.
Discussions are focused on the inquiries and issues related to each particular group, but a sample of what discussions may include:
- Support around infant sleeping and eating patterns
- Your relationship with your partner, your post partum body, and sexuality post baby
- Exploring the culture of parenting, current trends, and how to sort through all of it
- Returning to work outside the home: finding a childcare provider and making decisions around this transition
- Your identity as a woman, mother, partner and caregiver: how to balance all of this?
More About Mama and Me
Located on the first floor of the Jamaica Plain Brewey Complex, Mama and Me is a playspace and child care facility for children from infancy through five years old. Mama and Me offers free play, painting, yoga, private parties, prenatal education, drop-off classes and parent support group programs, encouraging parents to stay with their children, play and learn in a welcoming, enriching and environmentally friendly space. For an overview of Mama and Me programs, rates and services, visit the Mama and Me website.
Other events here
- Summer Toddler Enrichment Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9:00 am–12:00 pm