Calling all aspiring fashion designers: Apply by May 30 to show off your skills, save the planet, & win fabulous prizes!
Sustainable Style Competition & Fashion Show
Thursday, June 7, 7-9 PM
First Church in JP, UU – 6 Eliot Street, JP
Buying new clothes is bad for our wallets and the environment, but how can we look fierce without flooding our eco-system with the toxic byproducts of producing and transporting the latest threads? The answer – reuse, recycle, and restyle old clothes to make fresh new looks!
Project JamaicaWay challenges aspiring designers to do just that! We’ll provide gift certificates to JP’s best thrift stores – you provide the creativity & talent to turn someone’s cast-off clothing into an eco-chic new style.
How it works:
1. Apply today! Email a short statement on why sustainable fashion is important to you and a picture of your favorite outfit to email@example.com. Applications are due Wednesday, May 30.
2. On May 31, we’ll choose 10 applicants to compete & show off their style!
3. Those 10 lucky contestants will have one week to put together their looks using thrift-store finds!
4. Our expert panel of judges will choose a winner on June 7 at a spectacular celebration of style and sustainability!
* The Jamaica Plain Forum * Boomerangs * Goodwill *
* JP New Economy Transition * The JP Greenhouse * JP Centre/South Main Streets *
To apply, or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org!