It's easy to feel cold even in a room that has heat. Here ways to make your work or living space more comfortable in winter:
1. Close your Windows. This sounds obvious, right? Your windows may be closed, but still letting in cold air, and worse, letting out heat you have paid for. If they are older windows, check to see if the storm windows are down and the sashes (the window parts that go up and down) are locked.
2. Interior Plastic Covers. Older windows can be made much more comfortable and efficient by the use of transpartent window coverings. Your home center also has interior plexiglass covers that help to seal out the leaks.
3. Doors. You can also improve the snugness of the room or house by installing weather stripping on door frames and door sweeps on the entries.
4. Take breaks and Stretch. Your stretching and moving will make you more alert and create warmth!
5. Ceiling Fans. Use the low speed setting to move warm air that sits on the ceiling into the lower areas of the room.
If you have other home improvment problems or comments, please email Dan de Angeli at